In this tutorial, I will show you how to set Mozilla Firefox as your default web browser.
To set firefox as default browser:
1. Click on Menu button and select Options.
2. Then select the panel. Under panel click General tab and hit Make Firefox the default browser button.
Mozilla Firefox allows you to set a master password, which protects your locally stored usernames and passwords. This is a very useful feature specially when you share your computer with someone else. But in case, if you forget the master password, you must reset it.
Warning: Resetting your master password will also remove all of your locally saved usernames and passwords.
To reset the master password follow the steps given below:
1. Start the Firefox, paste following url in address bar – chrome://pippki/content/resetpassword.xul and press Enter
2. “Reset Master Password” page will appear. Click the Reset button and you are done
When you browse the Internet using Firefox, it stores a lot of information about you, like websites you’ve visited or stuff you have downloaded. But sometimes, you may not want Firefox to remember this information specially when your using a public computer or when you share your computer with someone.
Useful Read: How to delete recent browsing and download history in Mozilla Firefox
Private browsing mode allows you to temporarily stop Firefox from saving your browsing information and websites you’ve visited.
To Start Mozilla Firefox in private browsing mode:
1. Start Mozilla Firefox.
2. Click on Menu button and select New Private Window
By default, Firefox records everything from the list of websites you have visited, files you’ve downloaded to your active logins and cookies etc. Even though, this is a very useful feature, you may want to remove this history if you are using a public computer or you share your computer with someone else.
To clear the Firefox history:
1. Click on Menu button, select history option from that menu.
2. In the history sub-menu, select Clear Recent History option.
3. In Clear Recent History menu, select the time range to choose how much of your history Firefox will be removed.
4. Then click the arrow next to Details to choose exactly what data will be removed.
5. And When you are done, hit the clear now button. The window will automatically close and items you’ve selected will be removed.
Step 1: Open the Firefox web browser and type about:config in the address bar.
Step 2: You will be greeted by a warning because we making advanced changes. Click I’ll be careful, I promise to proceed to next step.